Saturday 27 March 2010

Victorian Mirror Necklace



To accompany some of the other pieces for my visual display I have made this small necklace inspired by the story of Dorian Gray, the tale plays on the theories of vanity and self obsession which I have aimed to express in this particular piece. The necklace features a small Victorian Doll's house mirror that I have attached to a gold chain, its purpose is not to enhance the wearers appearance but is in fact for others to view themselves at their leisure therefore toying with the idea of using jewellery for a different reason other than body adornment.
To finish the piece I have mounted the necklace on a sheet of vintage wallpaper and displayed inside an old frame.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love ,love the idea! It really is capturing the victorian time in the modern touch!

    ReplyDelete