Monday 8 March 2010

Finished Shoes for Raven Display




Haven't posted for a few days as I have been busy finishing these shoes for my first visual piece The Raven. When I made this piece I started with the wings as they are the focal point of the whole display everything else just center's around them, the brooch was something I found in my mom's jewellery box and thought it would be perfect as it looked slighty Victorian, the shoes were the last thing I bought as they were specifically choosen on the style and colour to compliment the brooch and therefore the wings. In my original design I wanted to have small jewellery pieces hanging from the bottom of the wings however they were too delicate to hold them so I attached the pieces onto the front of the shoes to give them appeal from every angle.
The entire finished piece will feature the shoes displayed inside a birdcage my initial idea is to have them suspended from chains inside the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment