Tuesday 9 March 2010

Book Art - An idea?



I have been sketching out a few ideas to use along side the old books I purchased a while ago, this design featuring a large candle is one I am keen to include as part of my final display. The initial idea of using an old church candle inside a book came to me when researching gothic romantic author's such as Edgar Allan Poe and Victorian novelist Charles Dickens, Dickens in particular who consistantly depicts this idea of a depressing Victorian world with grim imagery of characters such as Eberneezer Scrooge sitting at a desk writing his accounts, quil in a hand with a small candle being his only light source. This kind of dark representation is something I want to include in my visual display therefore I have been experimenting with melting and mixing both white and black candles to create different effects with the wax, the finished piece could be used to accompany my Poe based outcomes in the final display.

No comments:

Post a Comment