Friday 26 February 2010

Edgar Allan Poe.....Concept?

While I have collected lots of interesting and inspiring research I have been struggling for a while to find an overall concept to link all of it together, so when I had my review with Steve and Vicky yesterday they suggested looking at poetry, in particular gothic romantism as the images in my file had a Victorian romantic feel about them. So when I got home I decided to look at gothic fiction from the early to late 19th century in particular Edgar Allan Poe, after finally getting accustomed to Poe's unusual style of writing I picked out a few of his short stories and poems that would be great inspirational starting points for my final outcomes. The Raven, The Gold Bug, The Black Cat and The Tell Tale Heart are all notably intriguing stories that seem to possess a conclusive moral.
My initial thoughts are to centre my final outcomes around a few of the Edgar Allan Poe fable's taking aspects or inspiration from each piece rather than literally recreating the story through my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment